LOCATION: Columbia, SC
JOB TYPE: Full time
POSITION SUMMARY: Sun Solutions is seeking a digital prepress/operator to effectively utilize software to manipulate files for printing, operate digital printing equipment and aid in finishing processes.
- Determine prepress requirements by reviewing job ticket; studying layout, content, and specifications.
- Impose files for printing
- Troubleshoot for color, editing, and retouching. Ensure files meet job specs; make corrections as needed.
- Prepare soft PDF proofs for customer approval. Prepare mock-ups as requested.
- Make and track changes as requested to files for fonts, colors, spacing, etc.
- Occasional design of new layouts and/or files to fulfill customer requests.
- Willing to learn new skills to improve prepress functions.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as Desktop/Mac Operator or in related position REQUIRED
- Knowledge of digital printing process REQUIRED
- Knowledge of operation of Heidelberg XL 105 or equivalent digital press PREFERRED
- Knowledge of graphic design PREFERRED
- Knowledge of post-press finishing process, i.e. cutting, binding, shrink-wrapping, shipping PREFERRED
- Intermediate computer skills – Proficiency with Mac OSX and PC operating systems, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel. Experience with mailing and variable data software is a plus.
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task in a busy work atmosphere
- Sense of urgency in relation to meeting production goals
- Skill in decision-making and exercise of good judgment
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply/follow written and verbal instructions
*All final applicants may be required to comply and pass all drug and background checks.Apply Online