- The Magic of Being a CopyCat
- Print Advantage: In Terms of Images
- Featured Branded Merchandise: Plan Your Brand for the Holidays
- Featured Product: Finish Strong!
- What Are You Feeding Your Mind?
- Featured Grand Format Solution: Branding an Office Environment
- Team Building
Posts by :
- Resist Conformity and Build a Stronger Business
- Print Advantage: A Welcomed Message
- Featured PRINT AWARDS: Sun Solutions Wins Big at the 2019 PICA Awards
- Make Gratitude Tangible
- Optimism: A Way to Health and Longevity
- Featured Branded Merchandise: Core Soft Shell Jacket
- Virtual Internships
PRINTING EXCELLENCE IN THE CAROLINAS RECOGNIZED
Sun Solutions Announced As Award Winner in the 2019 PICA Awards
Charlotte, NC — The Printing Industry of the Carolinas (PICA) has announced that Sun Solutions of West Columbia is an award winner in the 2019 PICA Awards Competition. The announcement was made September 23, 2020, during the 2019 PICA Awards Banquet in Charlotte, North Carolina. The PICA Awards competition is celebrating its 54th season and continues to be one of the largest printing contests in the nation.
This year, the PICA Awards attracted more than 585 entries from 43 printing companies, along with more than 200 entries from 6 graphic arts high schools and 6 college graphic arts programs from across the Carolinas.
Sun Solutions won 14 Best of Category Awards, 12 Special Judges Awards and 5 Awards of Excellence. Only one “Best of” may be given in each category. One or more Special Judges Award or Award of Excellence may be given in each category, limited to no more than one third of total entries per category.
A panel of out of state judges with extensive experience in printing and print production was brought in to examine the work. Each entry was judged on its own merit in a category with similar printed pieces. The judging criteria included: registration, crossovers, clarity and neatness, sharpness of halftones and line drawings, richness and tonal qualities of color, paper and ink selection, ink coverage, difficulty of printing, effective contrast or softness, finishing, bindery, and overall visual impact.
Since 1931, The Printing Industry of the Carolinas, Inc. (PICA) has been dedicated to advancing the success of the Carolinas’ printing and imaging industry. Working together with Printing Industries of America, the world’s largest graphic arts trade association, PICA provides training, resources, and a voice of advocacy on both a state and national level.
PICA is a trade association representing the graphic communications industry in North and South Carolina. North Carolina ranks as the 16th largest state print market in the United States with $3.78 billion in sales, 1,215 total printing establishments and 20,050 employees. South Carolina ranks 30th in the nation, with $1.48 billion in sales, 501 establishments, and 8,357 employees. PICA is headquartered in Charlotte, NC. For more information, visit www.picanet.org.
The PICA Awards Competition, owned and managed by The Printing Industry of the Carolinas (PICA), is an annual event established in 1966 that recognizes and rewards printing and imaging companies who combine fine craftsmanship with technology in order to produce outstanding finished products. The award-winning companies are honored each year at the PICA Awards Banquet.
- Business Video can be Easy
- Connecting the Dots
- Featured solution: Custom Shape Envelopes
- Statements to be Excited For
- Stepping Up Foot Health
- How’s Your Work Ethic?
- Featured Branded Merchandise: Cooling Face Masks
- Reinvent or Reinvigorate?
- Engage Your Audience
- Featured solution: Desk Dividers Sneeze Guards
- A Case for Vibrant Design
- Six Dimensions of Wellness in the Workplace
- When NOT to go Directly to HR
- Make it Easier to be Gone
- Your Clients’ Biggest Fan
- Reach Your Target Market
- Featured Product Solutions: Facemasks & 3D Illustrations
- Ins and Outs of Every Door Direct Mail
- 7 Tips for Better Sleep
- Effective Exit Interviews
- 4 Quick Tips for Better Delegation
- Building Word of Mouth
- Marketing on a Budget
- Sun Solutions’ Response to Challenging Times
- Product Labels That Stick
- Tips for Breaking Out of a Rut
- Featured Branded Merchandise: Custom Neck Gaiters
- 4 “Be” Attitudes for Persuasion
- Gaining a Business Edge
- Establish Your Brand in Print
- Featured Branded Merchandise:
– Wireless Charging Pad
– Econo Mobile Charger
- 3 Business-Card Basics to Boost Your Network
- Staying Sharp
- Overcoming Adversity
- 5 Tips for Remembering Names